FIDIC Awards are presented every year for projects that help world economies and communities to develop a higher Quality of Life.
The programme below outlines the aims of the FIDIC Awards, the nominations being sought, how they will be judged, and the outline programme for submission of nominations and judging of the nominees.
2. Aims of the Awards
The FIDIC Awards will:
- promote FIDIC principles: Quality, Integrity and Sustainability
- celebrate outstanding projects where FIDIC member firms have had a major involvement
- help publicise the work of consulting engineering firms and the contribution they make to quality of life
- encourage others to understand and support FIDIC principles
- encourage the use of FIDIC contracts and guidelines
The Awards will support the aims of the Federation which are to promote the use of international FIDIC best practice and resources.
The FIDIC Awards will be presented at the Gala Dinner during the FIDIC International Infrastructure Conference, on Monday 26 September 2016. More information will be available soon at www.fidic2016.org.
3. Award Nominations
Award nominations are open to firms that have provided the main engineering and related services on projects of all types and all sizes.
The nominees should be firms or groups of firms that belong to FIDIC Member Associations & Associates, or Affiliates. All submissions should be endorsed by FIDIC Member Associations, Associates, or Affiliates based in the country where the project is located or where the firm is based.
Nominations should demonstrate:
- innovation, quality, and professional excellence
- the principles of transparency and integrity. FIMS or other Integrity Management Systems will be considered
- sustainability and respect for the environment
Projects should have been in operation for at least 1 year on the closing date for submissions and should have been completed in the last 5 years. A maximum of 25 entries will be accepted from each country. The number of entries per country is to reduce to 20 in 2017, with further reductions in subsequent years at the discretion of FIDIC. If more than 25 entries are received from one country, priority will be given to those endorsed by the corresponding FIDIC MA over the ones presented by Associate Members, which in turn will have priority over those presented by Affiliates.
The headline categories for these awards will be:
- FIDIC Outstanding Project of the Year
- FIDIC Award of Merit
The total number of prizes to be awarded will be at the judges’ discretion.
The judging team is comprised of the FIDIC Past Presidents, convened by the Immediate Past President. The judges will convene and rank the projects. All projects that are judged to be of particular merit will receive a FIDIC Award.
5. Outline Programme
|15 March 2016||Call for nominations|
|19 June 2016||Closing date for submission of nominations|
|15 August 2016||Announcement of shortlisted projects|
|26 September 2016||Awards presented (Marrakesh, Morocco)|
6. Submission guidelines
The Award Nomination Form should be sent with:
- Signatures by the submitting firm(s) and the client(s)/owner(s) of the project.
- A letter from the FIDIC Member Association, Associate or Affiliate in the country where the project is located or where the firm is based endorsing the submission of each project to the FIDIC Awards.
- Up to 5 photographs of the project. The format should be JPG or JPEG in high resolution.
- A maximum of 5 pages that describe the project, the services provided by the firm, and information that demonstrates why the project should receive an award: the project’s innovation, quality, and professional excellence; the principles of transparency and integrity and; sustainability and respect for the environment.
Please note that the submission must not be longer than 5 pages. If any are longer than five pages then only the first five pages will be evaluated.
Names and information in the form and material should be typed or printed in the English language.
Shortlisted firms will be encouraged to display a poster presenting their projects at the FIDIC International Infrastructure Conference in Marrakesh, Morocco 2016.
The awards will be presented at the FIDIC Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner on 26 September 2016 in Marrakesh, Morocco that takes place during the FIDIC conference. Please register to secure your place at the event as well as to participate in the FIDIC International Infrastructure Conference in Marrakesh 2016. More information is available on the conference website at www.fidic2016.org
For more information about the FIDIC Awards please contact:
World Trade Center II, Geneva Airport
PO Box 311
CH-1215 Geneva 15