Cyprus Association of Civil Engineers (CYACE)
Cyprus Association of Civil Engineers (CYACE) was founded in 1992 and today numbers about 2000 members.
Among the purposes of the Association are:
• To promote the science of Civil Engineering (CE).
• To strengthen the role of CE in the development of Cyprus.
• To protect the profession of CE
• To advocate, promote, support and protect the honour and dignity of the profession
• To educate and inform the Civil Engineers.
The main activities of the Association are:
• Organizes conferences, seminars, lectures and workshops.
• Issues a magazine 3 times a year.
• Issues a monthly newsletter
• Cooperates with the Regulating Body of the Profession of Engineers in Cyprus (The Scientific and Technical Chamber (ETEK)).
• Participates in research projects related to CE.
• Cooperates with other Professional Bodies, Ministries, Authorities, Public Bodies and other agencies to promote the interests of CE.
• Represents CE in committees and working groups and other government agencies.
• Cooperates with Universities in Cyprus and abroad.
• Participates in
• Organizes social and entertainment events,
• Participates in European and International Associations (ECCE, WCCE, EUCEET, FEANI, ISCHCO etc)
The Association is governed by the Central Administrative Council consisting of eleven members. This Council is being elected every 2 years by the members of the Association during the Annual General Assembly (AGM) which is convened around December. There are also District Councils which deal with matters of their Districts but they do not have the authority to represent the Association; only, the President and the Central Administrative Council have such power. The District Councils are: Nicosia-Kyrenia, Limassol, Ammochostos-Larnaca and Pafos. The central offices of the Association are located in Nicosia and are staffed by two persons of full employment.