- Events list
- Training Courses
- Young Professionals Management Training Programme
- Training Modules
- Accredited Trainers
- FIDIC Certified Consulting Engineers
- Accredited Regional Training
- Training Newsletters
- Industry events
- Which FIDIC Course should I attend?
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT 2015: SERIES OF 4 WEBINARS
Registration are also open for each webinar separately directly on the FIDIC gototraining platform at 150€/webinar.
Sustainable Development and the built environement made simple: FOUR NEW ONLINE FIDIC WEBINAR SESSIONS FROM 20 OCTOBER TO 17 DECEMBER 2015.
This series of webinars has been designed to promote FIDIC’s commitment to sustainable development and to illustrate that the adoption of sustainable design principles can result in a win/win approach for all parties. Each webinar is directed to consulting engineers and owners in all countries who are interested in the straight forward and cost-effective implementation of sustainability in their projects. The main emphasis of the webinars will be on the built environment.
This series will introduce and summarise sustainable development activities globally. FIDIC’s present and future activities together with those of its partners in this field will be introduced.
The webinars are also suitable for those participants in countries and regions where courses in sustainable development are not offered on an organized basis or where accessibility to such courses is a problem.
The program comprises 4 one and a half to two-hour sessions over a period of 6 weeks, presented twice for different time zones throughout the world. The webinars will take place in October, November and December 2015.
Each webinar presentation will run for 45 – 60 minutes and will be followed by a questions and answers session of ca. 30 – 45 minutes.
Presentations and discussions of the submitted questions will take place in an on-line classroom. The virtual platform for the classroom sessions will be run on GotoTraining platform (more info at gototraining.com). This on-line course only requires that participants have access to a computer with internet connection either at their workplace or at home, whichever is more convenient in regard to the timing of the sessions. A headset with microphone is also recommended. Lectures and classroom participation requires being available at predetermined hours.
BENEFIT FROM THIS WEBINAR SERIES:
- unique straight forward perspective for clients and consultants alike
- four part online training course - a convenient learning process
- given for two different time zones across the world
- EARLY BIRD discount for early registration
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Introduction to sustainable development – the myths and reality
- Sustainability as a professional value for consulting engineers
- How to act responsibly to your clients with regard to sustainability
- Why there is great urgency for incorporating sustainability into projects
- How to introduce and manage sustainability on a day-to-day basis in your office
- How to incorporate sustainability into projects at little or no additional cost
- How to incorporate sustainability into projects without certification
- How to incorporate sustainability into procurement
The following trainers / presenters/ guest experts are confirmed professionals in Sustainable Engineering. They will give presentations and engage in direct discussion with participants on the chat type platform. Each participant will benefit from their knowledge, experience, professional and scientific background supported by the FIDIC framework.
Dr Ike van der Putte
Webinars 1 & 4
Prof. Peter Guthrie
Dr. John Boyd
Webinar 1 & 4
The webinars will introduce and summarise sustainable development activities globally. FIDIC’s present and future activities together with those of its partners in this field will be introduced.
FIDIC’s Project Sustainability Management (PSM II) will be explained and case studies will be presented in order to illustrate how PSM II can be implemented in practice.
Simple case studies will also be presented to illustrate various sustainable development scenarios in design and construction.
The themes of the webinars will be as follows:
Webinar 1 – Sustainable Development and the Built Environment (Robin Crouch & Ike van der Putte)
Tuesday 20.10.2015 at 09:00 CET and 16:00 CET
• Introduction of the Webinar Series
• Sustainable Development and the Professional Services Firm
• FIDIC and Sustainable Development
• Sustainable Project Design - Additional Cost?
• Case Study
Webinar 2 - Sustainability Tools (Peter Guthrie)
Thursday 19.11.2015 at 09:00 CET and 16:00 CET
• Rating and Certification tools
• Decision-Support tools
• Examples of the use of SD tools in design
Webinar 3 - Project Sustainability Management (John Boyd)
Thursday 3.12.2015 at 09:00 CET and 16:00 CET
• Introduction to Project Sustainability Management
• Presentation of FIDIC’s PSM II
• Case Study demonstrating use of PSM II
Webinar 4 - Practical Implementation of Sustainability in Project Design (Robin Crouch & Ike van der Putte)
Thursday 17.12.2015 at 09:00 CET and 16:00 CET
• Stakeholder Participation
• Sustainable design at various project stages: feasibility, preliminary design, final design
• Sustainable Procurement: contract types, tender documents
• Case Study
CERTIFICATION / Professional Development Units
There will be one exam at the end of the four webinars which will be evaluated and successful completion will warrant a certificate of completion.
The certificate of completion may be recognized for PDU (Professional Development Units) by individual country/state or private professional or business associations in various participant countries. However such recognition will have to be requested by each participant in his or her region. FIDIC will support such requests with its thorough description of course content and professional benefits.
Participants will receive a certificate of participation suitable for framing. Conditions for proven participation will apply.
Programme content and course details:
François Baillon, Commercial Director, FIDIC
FIDIC, Box 311, CH-1215 Geneva 15
Tel: +41 (0)22 799 49 00
email: fbaillon at fidic.org