At the FIDIC Centenary Awards ceremony in Barcelona 2013, FIDIC was delighted to award trophies of excellence for projects and individuals having made a significant contribution over the last 100 years of its history. The FIDIC Executive Committee has agreed to continue presenting FIDIC Awards on an annual basis to recognise outstanding projects that support and promote FIDIC principles and practices.
The FIDIC Awards will:
- promote FIDIC principles: quality, integrity and sustainability
- celebrate outstanding engineering projects of FIDIC member firms
- help publicise the work of consulting engineering firms and the contribution they make to quality of life
- encourage others to understand and support FIDIC principles
The Awards will support the aims of the Federation which are to promote the use of international FIDIC best practice and resources to achieve quality projects that help world economies and communities to develop.
The FIDIC Awards will be presented every year at the international Gala Dinner that closes the FIDIC International Infrastructure Conference.
Project nominations, where appropriate, should demonstrate:
- innovation, quality, and professional excellence
- the principles of transparency and integrity
- sustainability and respect for the environment