Founded in 1913, FIDIC is charged with promoting and implementing the consulting engineering industry’s strategic goals on behalf of its Member Associations and to disseminate information and resources of interest to its members. Today, FIDIC membership covers 97 countries of the world.
FIDIC, in the furtherance of its goals, publishes international standard forms of contracts for works and for clients, consultants, sub-consultants, joint ventures and representatives, together with related materials such as standard pre-qualification forms.
FIDIC also publishes business practice documents such as policy statements, position papers, guidelines, training manuals and training resource kits in the areas of management systems (quality management, risk management, business integrity management, environment management, sustainability) and business processes (consultant selection, quality based selection, tendering, procurement, insurance, liability, technology transfer, capacity building).
FIDIC organises the annual FIDIC World Consulting Engineering Conference and an extensive programme of seminars, capacity building workshops and training courses.
Enabling the development of a sustainable world as the recognised global voice for the consulting engineering industry.
To work closely with our stakeholders to improve the business climate in which we operate and enable our members to contribute to making the world a better place to live in, now and in the future.
1. Be the recognised international authority on issues relating to consulting engineering best practice.
2. Actively promote high standards of ethics and integrity among all stakeholders involved in the development of infrastructure worldwide.
3. Maintain and enhance FIDIC’s representation of the consulting engineering industry worldwide.
4. Enhance the image of consulting engineering.
5. Promote and assist the worldwide development of viable consulting engineering industries.
6. Promote and enhance the leading position of FIDIC’s Forms of Contract.
7. Improve and develop FIDIC’s training and publishing activities.
8. To promote and encourage the development of Young Professionals in the Consulting Engineering Industry.